Sunday, February 8, 2009

新年快乐

Photobucket

This is my favourite Chinese new year wishes, simple, direct and meaningful.
My mom don't like us wishing people prosperous and wealthy. She said without health and happiness, you won't be able to enjoy wealth. I think is so so true.

Photobucket


I think Chinese new year is a disaster for every mommy in every family.
From house cleaning work to the cooking for whole families, everything have to complete by the poor women in the family.

Chinese new year is giving everyone a reason to be a pig at home, eat and sleep and eat and sleep everyday. Everyone can just finish eating and walk out of the dining table. They won't care how the dishes on the table will disappear and the fruits or dessert will be served in awhile.

Familiar?

This is how every mommy worked like donkey every chinese new year.

CNY CHECK LIST:


  • house cleaning-no date line, neverending.
  • cny shopping-generate economy, buying sky-high price vegtable, fish and prwans [because of '年年有余' and '嘻哈大笑']
  • Baking and buying biscuits. Lots of them.
  • CNY decoration-no matter how simple you want it to be, mommy will never stop decorating the house.
  • Withdraw money-for ang pow lah!
  • Take out jewelleries from safe box.
  • Prepare what to cook from reunion dinner to chor 4?5?6?......
  • Cleaning again.
  • Prepare accomodation and schedule for overseas relatives.
  • Rush to boutique to buy last minute new year clothes. Too busy with housework.
  • Repeat the steps above. (FOR GRANDMA'S/ MOTHER IN LAW'S HOUSE)

Yes. This is how tiring CNY can be.

Photobucket

Seeing my mom rush here and there, plan this and that. Having sleepless nights because she have so many thing to plans in her mind, yet, she need to bother about office work. I wonder isn't every mother have to do this? Or just my mom over-concern?

Photobucket

Grandpa slaughtering chicken...I love to watch him slaughter chicken since I was a kid.

My mom is the one who have to cook for reunion dinner every year. Normally my drandma will help. But my granny is getting older, and she is so tired doing housework all by herself. (Kampung house is huge you know!)

Photobucket

This year my mom is doing the cooking all by herself. My mom and my aunt even prepare dishes the day before, because there are too many people to feed during cny.

Photobucket

But I think the thing that satisfy my mom most is everyone eating her dishes happily, and with a 'thankiu'. That's why I hate people wasting food...it contains so much of hardwork, shouldn't be wasted. We'll feel very bad when we have to wash the mountain high plates and saw so many left overs.

Photobucket

This chicken worth RM 125+!!Chicken king....

Well, please help your mom during cny if you can ok?

Let our mommy have a happy chinese new year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nu Bra for dinner????

Photobucket

It's jelly fish babeh~

Photobucket

Guess what is this?

Photobucket

Photobucket

canon 40D? kids nowadays....

Photobucket

baby!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

me and aunties...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fireworks at kampung ROX!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My aunt and I...juz 1 year older than me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Szetoo said...

Very very beautiful pictures :) looks like you had a great new year compared to me. Which is good!

Tammy-C-My said...

it's true that CNY is hell for mums...
i see that every year..my mum has to cook n clean n everything...i know...

we'll be sitting in front of tvs, drinking Shandies...eating pork lol...and mum would be meddling with her work. Sometimes i dunno why there's so much to be done...

i pray that one day i dun hv to go thru such trouble..i'll enslave my kids..

but then again CNY cud be fun...lol
glad u enjoyed ur CNY ;P